Managening The Real Estate
Space Overseas provides support and property management and construction administration services to university owned properties, including commercial, industrial, residential, medical and special purpose properties.
Real Estate Assets and Development is responsible for all UCSF campus and Health System real estate development, asset management and support service activities. The department administers the acquisition and disposition of real property, manages the development of new campus buildings through public/private partnerships, and provides asset management services for 1.5 million square feet of leased health care facilities, research labs, office, and residential.
Real Estate Assets :
- Leads strategic planning for accomodation of future real estate space needs
- Identifies and evaluates properties for lease, acquisition and disposition
- Negotiates business terms of transactions, obtains required UC approvals, and secures agreement on binding legal documentation
- Creates public/private partnerships
- Prepares and manages licenses, easements and other real estate transactions
- Responsible for administration of leases and other real estate contracts, including lease accounting, lease renewals and expansions
Real Estate Development
- Manages approximately 1,500,000 rentable square feet of health care, research, office and residential space leased from private owners
- Analyzes and programs leased space needs
- Coordinates with UCSF users on space planning of leased space
- Supervises construction of leased space build-outs
- Develops new buildings for UCSF users through public/private partnerships